Indulge in the irresistible delight of perfectly crispy homemade fries with this foolproof recipe. Learn the chef’s secret technique of double-cooking, transforming ordinary potatoes into golden, tender delights with a satisfying crunch. Discover the choice of oils, the magic of vinegar, and essential tips for achieving that restaurant-quality crispiness in every bite. Elevate your fry game and treat yourself to a side dish that rivals your favorite fast-food joint.
|Peanut oil (or light vegetable oil)
|Sufficient for frying
|Garlic cloves (optional)
- Prepare Potatoes:
- Clean and wash the potatoes.
- Cut them carefully into medium-sized slices, no thicker than one centimeter, using a mandoline or a sharp knife.
- Place the potato sticks in a bowl of cold water for 20 minutes to remove excess starch. Pat them dry with a clean towel.
- First Cooking Phase:
- Heat a generous layer of oil in a pan.
- Add the potato sticks and fry for about 5 minutes until golden brown. Optionally, add a few cloves of garlic for extra flavor.
- Remove the fries from the pan and place them on kitchen paper to absorb excess oil. Let them cool.