We love a good baking shortcut and the one we have for you today is just over the top delicious! This recipe takes a simple box mix for angel food cake and turns it into a dessert worthy of any special occasion! The batter comes together in just minutes and you’ll be pacing the kitchen waiting for it to be done because it smells absolutely heavenly as it bakes. This Pistachio Pineapple Cake is truly everything we could want in an easy sweet treat. But there’s no need to take our word for it. Let’s get into just how to make one yourself!
The key ingredients in this recipe are going to be the angel food cake mix, pistachio pudding mix, and a can of crushed pineapple. You’ll mix those together with three eggs and a half cup of vegetable oil and your batter is ready for baking. If you’re using a standard 9×13 baking dish then the cake will cook for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the cake cool and then whip our simple pistachio frosting! Cool whip, another pudding mix, and a splash of milk come together to create this topping and it could not be more heavenly. It’s seriously hard to resist eating it by the spoonful!
- 1 box angel food cake
- 1 3.4oz box pistachio pudding mix
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple with juices
- 8 oz tub cool whip, thawed
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- 1 3.4oz box pistachio pudding
- Pistachios, chopped for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs, and pineapple with juices. Beat until well combined.
- Transfer batter to the prepared baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes or until an inserted tooth pick comes out clean. Allow cake to cool.
- To make the frosting: Mix together the second pudding mix and milk until the mixture thickens. Fold in the cool whip until fully combined.
- Frost cake and chill for 2 hours before serving. Top with chopped pistachios if desired.