- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional add-ins (chocolate chips, dried fruits, etc.)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the cold cubed butter to the dry ingredients. Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, work the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a separate bowl, mix the milk and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; you want the dough to come together but remain somewhat crumbly.
- If you’re adding any extras like chocolate chips or dried fruits, fold them into the dough gently.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and shape it into a round disk, about 1 inch thick.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C).
- Cut the dough into scones using a sharp knife or a biscuit cutter. You should get about 8 scones.
- Place the scones into the air fryer basket, leaving some space between them.
- Air fry the scones at 350°F (175°C) for 10-12 minutes, or until they are golden brown on the outside and cooked through. Cooking times may vary depending on your air fryer model, so keep an eye on them.
- Remove the scones from the air fryer and allow them to cool on a wire rack.
- Serve the scones with clotted cream, jam, or any toppings of your choice.