Salt and bay leaf are indispensable in the house, because they solve so many problems that no one would think of doing.
Generally, in cooking, both coarse and fine salt are used. Bay leaf, on the other hand, is particularly useful if you have digestive problems. It has incredible properties which, once discovered, make it an indispensable and essential product in the kitchen and, in general, at home.
Salt and bay leaf have many uses. Very few know about them, but they are extraordinary natural remedies capable of giving fantastic and sensational results without much effort and, above all, without spending a cent.
Coarse salt is found in all homes around the world , especially in Italy, grandmothers even use it to salt pasta water. A few scoops can also be useful for softening fabrics in the washing machine, as they relieve water by removing excess limescale.
In this way, the water becomes less hard and the laundry is treated much better and more economically . The result is jeans and towels that look new when machine washed, even if they are old or just tumble dried, velvety like never before.
In addition, the salt used for washing white clothes prevents yellowing, while for colored clothes it refreshes the colors, which become much more lively and bright. To obtain these results, it is advisable to add coarse salt to the water, soak the items to be washed, both colored and white, then wash in the washing machine as usual.
Potato: 1 cup (diced)
Onion: 1 cup (diced)
Celery: 1 cup (diced)
Carrot: 1 cup (diced)
Margarine: 1/3 cup (melted)
All-purpose flour: 1/2 cup
Chicken broth: 2 cups
Half-and-half: 1 cup
Salt: 1 teaspoon
Pepper: 1/4 teaspoon
Chicken: 4 cups (cooked and chopped)
Pie crusts: 2
1. To start with, adjust your oven’s temperature to 400°F then saute together onion, celery, carrots and potatoes in margarine about 10 minutes.
2. You’ll want to add flour to sauteed mixture and stir well. And please cook for 60 seconds stirring constantly.
3. Yo can then combine broth and half and half and stir gradually into vegetable mixture.
4. Okay now, you ned to cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Always remember to stir in salt and pepper then add chicken and stir well.
5. Finally, pour into shallow 2 quart casserole dish and top with pie shells and then bake until crust is golden and flaky, it takes around 30-40 minutes.
Credit: Easy to make recipe