- 4 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 lb (450g) smoked sausage, sliced into rounds
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish, optional)
- Prepare the Potatoes:
- Start by peeling and dicing the potatoes into bite-sized cubes. Rinse them in cold water to remove excess starch and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Sauté the Potatoes:
- In a large skillet or frying pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the diced potatoes to the hot oil. Season them with paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to coat the potatoes evenly in the seasonings.
- Cook the Potatoes:
- Cook the potatoes, stirring occasionally, for about 15-20 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. If they start sticking to the pan, you can add a little more oil.
- Add Sausage and Onions:
- Add the sliced smoked sausage rounds to the pan with the potatoes. Sauté them together for about 5 minutes until the sausage is browned and heated through.
- Add Peppers and Onions:
- Add the thinly sliced onions and bell peppers to the pan. Sauté everything together for an additional 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are tender and slightly caramelized.
- Adjust Seasonings:
- Taste the mixture and adjust the seasonings with more salt and pepper if needed. Feel free to add more paprika or garlic powder to taste.
- Once everything is cooked to your liking, remove the pan from heat. You can garnish your fried potatoes, sausage, and peppers with some fresh chopped parsley if desired.
- Serve your delicious dish hot, and enjoy your Fried Potatoes and Onions with Peppers and Smoked Sausage!
This meal is hearty, flavorful, and perfect for a satisfying dinner.
Credit: Healthy Juice