Savor the perfection of Ribeye steak with our ultimate guide, blending culinary science and mouthwatering techniques. From searing to serving, master the art of the king of steaks.
There’s a reason why the Ribeye steak is often touted as the king of steaks. It boasts rich marbling, making it incredibly flavorful and juicy. But, if you’re going to spend on a quality Ribeye, you’d want to make sure you cook it to perfection. Fortunately, we have the exact right recipe for you!
Table of Contents
- Why Ribeye?
- Preparing Your Steak
- The Perfect Ribeye Recipe
- Sides and Wine Pairing Suggestions
1. Why Ribeye?
The Ribeye comes from the rib portion of the cow, and its ample marbling promises flavor that’s simply unbeatable. When cooked correctly, the fats render into the meat, resulting in a steak that’s both tender and dripping with flavor.
2. Preparing Your Steak
- Bring to Room Temperature: Before cooking, let your Ribeye sit out for about 30 minutes to bring it to room temperature. This ensures even cooking.
- Season Generously: Quality sea salt and freshly ground black pepper is all you need.
3. The Perfect Ribeye Recipe
- 1 Ribeye steak (about 1.5 inches thick)
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
- Preheat Oven: Set your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Sear: Heat a cast-iron skillet over high heat until smoking hot. Season your Ribeye generously with salt and pepper. Place the steak in the skillet and sear for 2 minutes on each side.
- Add Flavor: Reduce heat to medium. Add butter, garlic, and rosemary to the skillet. As the butter melts, tilt the pan slightly and spoon the butter over the steak continuously for about 1-2 minutes. This infuses the steak with incredible flavor.
- Oven Time: Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and roast for 6-8 minutes for medium-rare. Adjust according to your preferred doneness.
- Rest: Once done, remove the steak from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute.