- 2 racks of baby back ribs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (your favorite brand)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 275°F (135°C).
- Remove Membrane:
- Turn the ribs over to the bone side. Use a knife or your fingers to lift and loosen the membrane on one of the middle bones. Once loosened, grip the membrane with a paper towel and pull it off.
- Prepare the Dry Rub:
- In a bowl, mix the brown sugar, paprika, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper to create the dry rub.
- Season the Ribs:
- Sprinkle the dry rub over both sides of the ribs and rub it in to ensure an even coating.
- Wrap in Aluminum Foil:
- Lay out two long pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil (long enough to wrap each rack of ribs separately).
- Place each rack of ribs on a piece of foil and wrap tightly. Make sure the foil is sealed so the juices won’t escape.
- Bake in the Oven:
- Place the foil-wrapped ribs on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for about 2.5 to 3 hours. The ribs should be tender but not falling apart.
- Prepare the BBQ Sauce:
- While the ribs are baking, mix the BBQ sauce, apple cider vinegar, and water in a bowl. This will be used for basting.
- Preheat Grill (or Broiler):
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat (or your broiler).
- Finish on the Grill (or Broiler):
- Remove the ribs from the foil and place them directly on the grill (or under the broiler).
- Baste the ribs generously with the BBQ sauce mixture and cook for 5-10 minutes on each side, turning and basting frequently, until the ribs are caramelized and have a nice glaze.
- Once done, remove the ribs from the grill (or broiler) and let them rest for a few minutes. Slice between the bones and serve with extra BBQ sauce on the side.
These Baked BBQ Baby Back Ribs are tender, flavorful, and perfect for a barbecue feast. Enjoy!
Credit: Healthy Juice