Poor Man’s Prime Rib, also known as a beef eye of round roast, is a budget-friendly yet flavorful alternative to the classic prime rib roast. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps to create a delectable Poor Man’s Prime Rib that’s tender, juicy, and packed with savory goodness.
Poor Man’s Prime Rib Ingredients:
Let’s start by gathering the essential ingredients for this delectable dish:
|Beef eye of round roast||3 pounds|
|Garlic Powder||1 tsp|
|Onion Powder||1 tsp|
|Salt and Pepper (to taste)|
Follow these straightforward instructions to prepare and cook your Poor Man’s Prime Rib:
- Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Season the Roast:
- Season the beef eye of round roast generously with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Ensure an even coating.
- Place in Roasting Pan:
- Put the seasoned roast in a roasting pan or baking dish. There’s no need to cover it or add water.
- Initial Roasting:
- Place the roast in the preheated oven and immediately reduce the temperature to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
- Roast for approximately 21 minutes, which equates to seven minutes per pound of meat.
- Turn Off Oven:
- After the initial roasting, turn off the oven, but do not open the oven door.
- Let It Rest:
- Allow the roast to sit in the hot oven for 2 1/2 hours without opening the door during this resting period.
- Carve and Serve:
- Once the resting time is complete, remove the roast from the oven. The internal temperature should have reached at least 145 degrees F (65 degrees C).
- Carve the succulent meat into thin slices and serve.