When it comes to flavor combos, sweet and salt is one of our all-time favorites. So when we heard about these Salted Caramel Cracker Bites we were immediately intrigued. They’re reminiscent of the famous Christmas cracker candy, but holding off on the chocolate (allowing the caramel to shine!) and using bite-sized oyster crackers instead of saltines. That means they’re even more snackable and dangerous… but in the best way!
- 1 9oz package oyster crackers
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
PREPARATION How To Make Salted Caramel Cracker Bites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour crackers onto parchment paper and spread into an even layer.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and then stir in the brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon until dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to a boil while continuously stirring. Continue cooking the bubbling mixture for 2-3 minutes until it thickens and lightens in color.
- Remove from heat and immediately pour over crackers. Fold the caramel into the crackers until evenly coated. Top with salt.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes, watching that the caramel doesn’t burn.
- Allow crackers to cool then break them into small clusters. Store in an airtight container.
Credit: Healthy Juice