When it comes to mouthwatering rolls, Texas Roadhouse’s Rolls are a true favorite. These soft, fluffy, and slightly sweet rolls, served with irresistible Honey Cinnamon Butter, are a must-have at the famous Texas Roadhouse restaurant. But what if you could recreate this delectable treat in the comfort of your own kitchen? In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to make Texas Roadhouse’s Rolls, ensuring you don’t lose this amazing recipe.
Let’s start with the essential ingredients you’ll need:
|Warm milk||1 cup|
|Active dry yeast||1 package or 2 1/4 teaspoons|
|All-purpose flour||3 1/2 cups, plus more for the board|
|Butter, melted (for the rolls)||1/3 cup|
|Butter, melted (optional, for brushing)||1/4 cup|
|Softened butter (for Honey Cinnamon Butter)||1/2 cup|
|Powdered sugar||2 tablespoons|
Now, let’s dive into the cooking process:
- In a cup or small bowl, stir together the warm milk, sugar, and yeast. Allow the yeast to proof and begin to activate while you prepare the other ingredients. (This is not necessary, but I prefer this to using milk cold out of the refrigerator).
- Using a stand mixer or food processor, combine the flour, egg, 1/3 cup melted butter, and salt.
- Knead the dough until it’s smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it, and let it rise until doubled in size.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Punch down the risen dough and divide it into small portions. Roll each portion into a ball and place them in a greased baking pan.
- If you’d like, brush the rolls with the optional melted butter for a golden finish.
- Bake the rolls in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- While the rolls are baking, prepare the Honey Cinnamon Butter. In a small bowl, mix the softened butter, cinnamon, honey, and powdered sugar until well combined.
- Serve the freshly baked rolls with a generous dollop of Honey Cinnamon Butter.