Saddle up, pardner! Today, we’re galloping straight into the heart of the Wild West with a recipe that’ll make your taste buds do a boot-scootin’ boogie – Cowboy Cookies! These rugged cookies are the stuff of legends, packed with oats, chocolate chips, pecans, and a hint of cinnamon that’ll make you feel like you’ve just ridden into a campfire-lit night under the open prairie sky. Get ready to rustle up some serious yums with this cowboy-approved recipe.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Step by Step:
- Gather ‘Round: Preheat your trusty oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper, like settin’ up camp with a cozy fire.
- Whip Up a Storm: In a large mixin’ bowl, wrangle up that softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Round ’em up good until the mix is creamy and smooth.
- Egg-citement: Crack them eggs into the bowl, add that vanilla extract, and give it a good mixin’ until it’s as smooth as a West Texas breeze at sundown.
- Flour Power: In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and a pinch of that salt. Stir ’em up real nice, like a dust storm settlin’ down.
- The Main Roundup: Gradually add the flour mix to the buttery mix, mixin’ ’til it all comes together like a posse of flavors.
- Rodeo of Flavors: Now toss in those oats, chocolate chips, chopped pecans, and sprinkle in that ground cinnamon. Give it all a good stir until the dough is lookin’ as hearty as a cowboy’s supper.
- Saddle ‘Em Up: Using a couple of trusty spoons or an ice cream scoop, drop dollops of dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Give ’em a little space to spread their wings.
- Bake ‘Em High: Pop those cookie-filled sheets into the preheated oven and let ’em bake for about 10-12 minutes, ’til they’re golden brown and the aroma is driftin’ like a campfire song.
- Cool Down: Once they’re done, let ’em cool on the sheets for a spell, then transfer ’em to a wire rack to cool completely. Show a little patience here, cowboy, it’s worth it.
Well, there you have it, partner! A batch of the most delightful Cowboy Cookies that’ll have folks hollerin’ “Yeehaw!” faster than a buckin’ bronco. These cookies are the perfect companions for a cup of strong coffee or a glass of cold milk, and they’re sure to be a hit at any shindig or hoedown. So, go ahead and rustle up a batch of these legendary treats and watch as your friends and family mosey on over for a taste of the Wild West, right in the comfort of your own kitchen. Happy cookie wranglin’! 🍪🤠